6-8th grade artists at Durham Middle School
Follow me on Twitter @bonadonnanicole (Nicky Gaut)
I am so proud of ALL of you! Thank you for participating in this years PTSA Visual Arts Reflections competition. Good luck to all that moved on from the District level to States. #Cobbartrocks
Photography 8th Grade
Jack Liscio, Award of Excellence
Visual Arts 6th Grade
Danielle Ferguson, Award of Excellence
Cameron Boeger, Award of Merit
Colin Brown, Award of Merit
Jacob Jenkins, 3rd Place
Walter Vick, Honorable Mention
Lyra Kearns, Honorable Mention
Glauco Silva, Honorable Mention
Matthew Galyon, Honorable Mention
Belle Chung, Honorable Mention
Christopher Hernandez, Honorable Mention
Finn Johnson, Honorable Mention
Visual Arts 7th Grade
Cruz Dupree, Award of Excellence
Rachel Jones, Award of Excellence
Aniyah Hill, Award of Excellence
Allison Richmond, Award of Merit
Stella Newton, 3rd Place
Jillian Reavis, Honorable Mention
Ava Scheerer, Honorable Mention
Nico Hardin, Honorable Mention
Visual Arts 8th Grade
Madisyn Ware, Award of Excellence
Cindy Chen, Award of Merit
Ellie Vachtservanos, Award of Merit
Anissa Ibrahim, 3rd Place
Marissa Planton, Honorable Mention
Jack Liscio, Honorable Mention
Sydney Cole, Honorable Mention
Carson Jaquith, Honorable Mention
Tatum Fowler, Honorable Mention
Reilly Burns, Honorable Mention
Isabella Hilleary, Honorable Mention
Special Artist Visual Arts
Antonio Avinger Jr, Award of Excellence
The following students placed either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place on the district level in Visual Arts. All 1st and 2nd places will go on to compete at the State level.
Antonio Avinger Jr.
Cobb County Government Photo Contest
Posted: 01 Oct 2018 10:09 AM PDT
2018 'Fun in the Park' Photo Contest as you are out enjoying Cobb's parks and park activities, be sure to bring your camera and capture the fun and memories of your sports activities, the beauty of the nature and wildlife in the parks, and anything else that shows why you enjoy your day at the park.
Download entry form and information here.
Rules & Entry Information:
• Sports and Action
• Nature and Wildlife
• General (anything else that fits in the theme of 'Fun in the Park')
Rules:• Eligibility: All photos must have been taken at a Cobb County park, facility, activity or event. Any county or city park in Cobb County accepted. Please note that this excludes National Parks - Kennesaw Mountain and Chattahoochee River National Park photos are not eligible. See the Cobb website for a complete listing of county parks. Pictures taken during programs and events sponsored by Cobb Parks but occur off park property are eligible for entry. The contest is open to all photographers.
• Free to enter: Entry into the contest is free of charge.
• Images: Photographers agree by entering contest to give permission to Cobb County to use their images in publications and on Cobb County’s website. Pictures may be displayed in exhibits and exhibited online. Photos will not be returned.
• Entry Limit: Limit of 10 entries per person. Photos to be submitted in digital format.
• Awards: There will be awards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mention for each category. Judges will be provided by the Cobb Photographic Society and CCPRCA. Winners will be notified by email.
• Categories: General Category - any photo / any subject that depicts ‘Fun in the Park’, Sports and Action - any photo depicting sports and/or action in the park, Nature and Wildlife - any photo of nature or wildlife in the park.
• Digital photos may be submitted by email or copied to a CD clearly marked with entrant’s name and number of photos. Photos should be in jpeg format. Name the files with your name, category and photo # - (example: John Doe_NW_01). This would represent your file as John Doe > Nature and Wildlife > photo #1. Digital photos must be accompanied by an entry form. Entries that are submitted by email may type entry information into an email with the category for each picture number indicated. Entry forms may also be faxed to (770) 528-8814 (Attention: Mark Chandler).
• Entry Deadline: November 6, 2018
• Submit entries to: Mark Chandler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Come out and support Durham Middle School artists, local artists, and animals at the "Off The Leash" art show. The reception for the event is taking place Thursday October 4th from 6pm-8pm. Proceeds will benefit Mostly Mutts Animal Rescue!
Where: Big Shanty Art Station in Kennesaw,
2050 Kennesaw Due West Rd NW, Kennesaw, GA 30152
This weeks art club is cancelled. See you after Labor Day!!
We will meet on 3 consecutive Thursdays in September due to the change in my schedule and our September break.
Please tell your children I will see them on September 6th, 13th, and 20th
8:10-9:00 in the art room
Bring your creativity and a smile!!
Art Club Forms are due Monday!!
Our first meeting is next Thursday the 30th
Meet me at the front doors at 8:10
We are starting the PTSA Reflections Art Compeition in all visual arts classes.
Please start thinking about the following statement as it is this years theme: "Heores Around Me." What characteristic make a hero? Who are the heroes in your life? Who are the heroes that help us in our community? We will be brainstorming as a class and working on our preliminary sketches this week.
This is my 13th year teaching art and it is my passion to introduce art to the young minds in our community! I am looking forward to another fabulous year at Durham!